5 Nov 2015
The Simon Communities in Ireland have said that they are extremely disappointed with the dilution of promised rent certainty measure. The homeless and housing charity sat that more people will become homeless as a result of the Government’s failure to give tenants and landlords the certainty and stability needed.
13 Oct 2015
8 Oct 2015
• Only 7.4% (64 properties) of all properties available across 11 locations in the August period were at or below rent supplement/HAP limits.
• People who are single fared particularly badly with only 2 properties available across the 11 locations and no properties in any of the five major city centres within rent supplement/HAP limits.
• Rent Supplement limits must be increased and rent certainty introduced in Budget 2016 to prevent people becoming homeless.
28 Sep 2015
31 Aug 2015
• Homeless and housing charity say Government response to current crisis is inadequate.
• Simon Campaign launched asking public to send a letter to An Taoiseach/An Tanaiste urging them to bring the crisis to the top of the Cabinet agenda.
• Call for immediate action on four fronts: prevention and early intervention; rapid rehousing using a Housing First approach; access to affordable housing; and adequate support for people in housing.
Volunteers are at the heart of all we do in the Simon Community, volunteers are essential to the work we do.